NewBeauty Magazine has a post up about how to recreate Carey Mulligan’s The Great Gatsby hairstyle, just in time for the 3D release of the Great Gatsby.
Love the book! Love the hair! As far as the 3D version of this story goes…did I mention that I love the book and the hair?!?
Anyway, it’s a super sexy, easy look to achieve, one that never goes out of style. As Anna K. Fryxell, Social Media Associate for NewBeauty explains:
- Create a side part.
- Smooth all of your hair with a flat iron and bend the ends of your hair inward using the iron.
- Smooth flyways around your part and hairline using a product like Farouk Royal Treatment By CHI White Truffle Foundation ($29).
- Part your hair into three sections: one in the back and two side sections using your side part as a guide.
- Lift the back section and spray hairspray underneath. Tease the bottom layer towards the scalp and cover this section with the remaining hair on top.
- Roll the back section up and inward at the nape of your neck and pin it up to create a faux bob. Repeat steps five and six on the side sections.
- Shape your bangs on the side of your part with the most hair into a smooth wave. Secure it with a hair clip and spray with hairspray. Let your hair sit for about ten minutes and remove the clip. As a finishing touch and for extra 1920s flair, add sparkly hairclip like the one Carey Mulligan wears in the image above.