Dr. Perrcione believes that coconut flour fights anti-inflammation properties in the body. It’s also a low carb, low calorie way to replicate sweetness in certain recipes, such as these Cinnamon Walnut Coconut Pancakes.
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey or a pinch of stevia
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- coconut butter or coconut oil for cooking
- Pre-heat pan or griddle over medium low heat.
- In a small bowl, In a small bowl beat eggs until frothy, about two minutes.
- Mix in milk, vanilla and honey or stevia.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt and whisk together.
- Stir wet mixture into dry until coconut flour is incorporated. Grease pan with butter or coconut oil.
- Ladle a few tablespoons of batter into pan for each pancake. Spread out slightly with the back of a spoon. The pancakes should be 2-3 inches in diameter and fairly thick. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until the tops dry out slightly and the bottoms start to brown. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Top with chopped raw walnuts and cinnamon.
The walnuts provide a wonderful source for Omega-3. So make sure to try out this recipe. It’s delicious and healthy. And also make sure to look through Dr. Perricone’s site for more healthy, yummy dishes.